Saturday, March 24, 2012

New Kicks

Welcome to my blog where I will share my adventures in running this year!

Check out our other runner in training, Hayden.  "Please take me!"


My Training...
So far training is going well.  Usually I am in good shape when I start training, so things go fairly smooth.  This year I am starting from scratch.  Being a newly-wed (men are a full-time job, haha), getting a puppy, working full-time and working on my Masters in Taxation really took over this winter.  My running dwindled down to sometimes only once or twice a week.  Before that I'd been running marathons and training consistently for almost 8 years.  So I'm ready and motivated to get fit and lose some of this post-wedding pudge.  It's been challenging over the last month as I've gotten moving more and more.  Mostly right now I am focusing on trying to be on my feet as long as I can.  Sometimes that means just running 2 miles and then power walking 5.  I feel comfortable walking/running for 2-3 hours at a time.  It can be frustrating when I hit a certain landmark on my run, and I know I never used to be half that tired when I passed that intersection.  Plus, I am soooo hungry and soooo sleepy all the time.  I know that too will pass though.  The struggle is half the fun and adventure.  Hopefully each day I lace up I will make it further and further.  Check out my new trail shoes and road shoes that came in today. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment